Review: Cranium | Teen Ink

Review: Cranium MAG

It is difficult to find a board game that is fairly newand innovative. Most are boring. Who wants to play them?

For people whoget stuck with family members at parties, I have come across a game that is easyand will still be fun even after playing it several times.

The game:Cranium. The object: get around the board as quickly as possible whilesuccessfully passing team goals. The players: at least two teams of two or more.The catch: Cranium boasts it is "The game for your wholebrain."

To play, teams take turns picking cards out of four stacks ofcategories. One category makes your team sketch (like Pictionary), sometimes withyour eyes closed, or sculpt with clay. The second category challenges your teamby testing your knowledge of uncommon information through true or false questionsor multiple choice. The third category's activities have you spelling challengingwords (maybe even backwards!), unscrambling words, guessing definitions orfilling in blanks. The final category makes your team hum or whistle a tune, actout a clue (think Charades) or impersonate a celebrity. Sounds simple,right?

This game would make an excellent gift. I laughed at my friendtrying to imitate a volcano, and was stumped when asked to name a leaf picturedon the card. Cranium guarantees satisfaction. I suggest it for everyone.