“Steamboat Colorado” - The Winter Wonderland Of The United States | Teen Ink

“Steamboat Colorado” - The Winter Wonderland Of The United States

By 4hull GOLD, Merton, Wisconsin
4hull GOLD, Merton, Wisconsin

One of the most popular Ski resorts in the United States Steamboat, Colorado truly lives up to its reputation. Not only is it known for its massive amounts of snow accumulated each year guaranteeing you to get some powder days on the mountain, but the many restaurants and shops around the base of the mountain create a truly miraculous winter experience as well.

If you are thinking about Steamboat, Colorado specifically for the winter sport activities you are very much in luck. Steamboat, Colorado is one of the biggest Ski mountains in the United States, consisting of 169 trails all ranging from beginner level to experienced, no one will have a problem here trying to find a trail that suits their level.

As far as conditions go for a skiing experience; Steamboat, Colorado averages 184 inches of snow annually creating a very beautiful atmosphere in both the mountain and in the town. The excessive amount of snow will be sure to leave you with many exciting and lush powder days as the runs will feel like you’re skiing on a cloud.

As for the temperature on the mountain itself you will hardly ever find the temperature below zero degrees, so with the right type of clothing and gear you will find it very easy to stay warm while you enjoy your time zipping around the mountain.

While the mountain itself may be the biggest attraction in Steamboat the town still has a lot to offer. Whether you are looking for good food, some souvenirs to bring home, or looking for a place to hangout and have fun after a long day of skiing, the town at the base of the mountain is the perfect place for you. Containing over 100 restaurants of various different types of food and over 200 different stores I’m sure that you will be satisfied with the many activities to do in Colorado.