How to Make Vanilla Cupcakes | Teen Ink

How to Make Vanilla Cupcakes

To make vanilla cupcakes, you must purchase all of the ingredients and the correct proportions needed for this recipe. This includes 1 ¾ cups of cake flour, 1 ¼ cups of unbleached, all-purpose flour, 2 cups of sugar, 1 tablespoon of baking powder, ¾ teaspoons of salt, 2 sticks of butter (cut into cubes), 4 eggs, 1 cup of whole milk, and 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract. These ingredients make up the cupcake itself. The frosting needs 2 sticks of room-temperature butter, 8 cups of confectioner’s sugar, ½ cup of milk, and 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract. When added together in the proper way, these ingredients will make a delicious batch of cupcakes.

As a first step to making vanilla cupcakes, you must gather all of the ingredients that were previously listed. Then, you must preheat the oven to 325? F. Also, it is necessary that you should line the cupcake pans with paper liners so that the cupcakes do not stick to the pan and the cupcakes can be easily eaten. After preparing for baking the cupcakes, you should begin combining both types of flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt into a bowl. They then need to mix it for about 3 minutes and add the cubed butter while doing so. After that, you should add the eggs one at a time and gradually add the milk and vanilla to the batter. Once the batter is thoroughly mixed, you should pour it into the cupcake pan while making sure that the batter is only filled half-way for each individual pan. Then, you should carefully place the pans in the oven for about 20-25 minutes.

While the cupcake batter is baking, you should begin preparing the icing. As a start, it is necessary to have all of the ingredients that were listed before. All you must do to make frosting is mix all of the needed ingredients slowly and carefully. If the frosting becomes to thinly textured, you should add small amounts of flour until the texture seems suitable. If the frosting is too thick, add milk until it is thin enough for their taste.

Once the cupcakes are done baking, you should carefully remove them from the oven using an oven mitt. Before adding frosting or other toppings, you should wait for the cupcakes to cool for about 10 minutes. When they finally are cool, add the frosting for a delicious dessert meal. Then, you can share with family, friends, or just save them for yourself!