Tokyo Steakhouse Review | Teen Ink

Tokyo Steakhouse Review

December 21, 2015
By Pettyjohn BRONZE, Milton, Delaware
Pettyjohn BRONZE, Milton, Delaware
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Tokyo Steakhouse is a pleasurable experience. The hibachi grill adds a nice touch of Japanese style and fun for people who like action. They also have tables if you prefer a romantic evening. The chef keeps the family busy with flying shrimp, course after course, and a show you won’t forget.


The hibachi grill is surrounded by 9 or 10 seats with another mirrored straight across from you. The good humored Japanese chef is skilled in knife twirling as well as having a good time. Your waiter is American and always will hop to keep your drinks full. This food is prepared in front of your eyes so you know it is always fresh and never frozen. Shrimp are tossed at you if you prefer though declining will trigger some pleading from other guests. There is a high chance you will miss so don’t wear your brand new $160 J. Crew dress but jeans and a sweater will work though it’s generally warm.


The kids meals have a large amount to them. A favorite is the Teriyaki Shrimp which typically contains about a dozen shrimp. For an adult entree’, they have Osaka Shrimp and Scallops out of many choices. The shrimp and especially scallops are always grilled to perfection with just the right amount of butter on them. Soup, salad, and rice with eggs comes with the meal as an appetizer.


The price range is moderate because of the freshness and quality. If it is your birthday and you bring your I.D., you will receive 50% off of your entree’(plus an added bonus of free dessert, though not advertised).Also the average wait time is 10­15 minutes if it is Monday­Thursday. Weekends are much longer. There are two locations. One is on Coastal Highway in Lewes, Delaware, but there is another on North Salisbury Boulevard. Hours vary, Monday­Thursday they open at 3:00pm and close at 10:00pm, but on Friday they stay open until 11:00pm. Saturdays and Sundays hours are also different. The one in Lewes has a bit more Japanese flair, with the koi pond, than the Salisbury one.

This restaurant isn’t just fun for a date night, but also for the whole family. People always have nothing but a delightful experience, I highly recommend it to anyone.