Twilight | Teen Ink

Twilight

May 19, 2009
By AngelTears BRONZE, Mudgee, Other
AngelTears BRONZE, Mudgee, Other
3 articles 0 photos 2 comments

Twilight
By Stephanie Meyer

About three things I was absolutely positive. First, Edward was a vampire. Second, there was a part of him – and I didn’t know how dominant that part may be – that thirsted for my blood. And third, I was unconditionally and irrevocably in love with him.

When Bella Swan moves to a gloomy town in the middle of nowhere, she expects that her life for the next few months will be boring and lonely. But then she meets Edward Cullen. Gorgeous, intelligent and interesting, he seems perfect. Too perfect. As Bella discovers the true identity of Edward and his family, she is put in intense danger, and it may be already too late to turn back...

Ok, I’m pretty confident that nearly everyone has heard of this book. After all, it’s been on the bestseller lists for months now. I first read it in early July, just before Twilight really became popular in Australia. And let me tell you, that book was obsessive. I don’t like to use clichés, but it was practically impossible to put down. After reading the rest of the series (New Moon, Eclipse & Breaking Dawn), I deduced that the books decrease in interest, with Twilight being absolutely brilliant, and Breaking Dawn being one huge disappointment. But decide for yourself. I originally though the series was for girls, with the dominating love story, but recently I discovered that several guys had read, and enjoyed, Twilight. And age is not a concern either – there are numerous adults I know that are into it as much as me. So I really would recommend this book. Although all the books are fairly thick (the thinnest being Twilight, at over 400 pages), that doesn’t seem to put people off, with a couple of people I know who barely read one book a year already onto Breaking Dawn after only a couple of months.


The author's comments:
Yes, I know, there's already millions of reviews for this book. But I'd written this a while ago, for the school magazine, and I thought "what the hell, one more can't hurt". So there it is.