Review Blitz: Five Total Strangers by Natalie D. Richards | Teen Ink

Review Blitz: Five Total Strangers by Natalie D. Richards

November 27, 2022
By BananaN3rd ELITE, Clarksville, Tennessee
BananaN3rd ELITE, Clarksville, Tennessee
102 articles 9 photos 14 comments

Favorite Quote:
If the pen is stronger than the sword, what am I supposed to do when the pen declares a war?


Five Total Strangers focuses on and emphasizes the connection between strangers, or in this book, the lack of said connection. The book focuses on 18-year-old high school student Mira Hayes, whose flight just got cancelled due to a blizzard. She then gets an offer to be driven home by her wealthy seatmate Harper. The book then goes on to introduce three other characters that will be sharing the ride with them: Josh, a calm college student studying psychology, Brecken, a hot-tempered student on his way to becoming a doctor, and Kayla, the always-tired student with no clear path. After some time, Mira discovers that all of these people… have no connection to anyone else. After several things go wrong, including two large car pileups, Mira has to use her wit and gut instinct to figure out who could be sabotaging their ride. If she doesn’t, someone is waiting for their chance to finally take what belongs to them, once and for all.  **SPOILER WARNING** Towards the end of the book, Mira finds a pouch containing several letters addressed to her, writing about how she and the writer of these mysterious letters will be together, forever. The book itself starts a bit slow, but once you get about halfway into the book, things start getting interesting. Overall, Five Total Strangers is a really good book for people who love a good thriller book, and like the genre that it’s marked under, it does a great job fulfilling that thirst for adrenaline.