Ace of Spades by Faridah Àbíké-Íyímídé | Teen Ink

Ace of Spades by Faridah Àbíké-Íyímídé

By SV67 BRONZE, Sacramento, California
SV67 BRONZE, Sacramento, California

"Failure Is not the opposite of success. It is part of success." - Winston Churchill
" A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step." -Lao Tzu

Ace of Spades is a novel that Faridah Àbíké-Íyímídé wrote. This thriller novel will keep you up at night with all of its Dramas and its mysterious complications. These two colored teens attend this white private school with white people trying to sabotage them and drive them away from their right to Education. This book makes me feel like people are judged a lot. I liked it because of its ongoing Drama and its school’s history.

These main Characters, Chiamaka Adebayo and Devon Richards have a complex experience at Niveus Private Academy with totally different personalities. Chiamaka is the sort of type that is Driven and has Straight A’s, while on the other hand, Devon is determined to make his family proud, and have a better Life.

I would recommend this book to young adults because it’s young adult fiction and because of its mystery and thriller. The story's plot and what’s happening are just fantastic for those looking for this type of book. Just the fact that the author has written the story and the characters are perfect. For the most part, I think Ace of spades was brilliantly written and is an excellent book to read.