Miss American Pie by Margaret Sartor | Teen Ink

Miss American Pie by Margaret Sartor

September 16, 2009
By pictolover SILVER, Brookfield, Missouri
pictolover SILVER, Brookfield, Missouri
8 articles 0 photos 60 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Life is like a roller coaster. When you don't know what to do buckle up, close your eyes, and enjoy the ride."


This is a very realistic book about a teenage girl who grew up in the 1970s. It is written as a diary and traces the life of Margaret going through her teenage years. I would recommend this book to anyone who likes creative writing and teen stories. I love this book because it is very true and I can relate to many problems she has in the story. For example, Margaret has a problem with having good relationships with boys. Her next door neighbor is also her best friend and she is used to men treating her with respect. But when she starts dating other men, she sees not everyone wants to be her friend. She also has a lot of problems with her girl friends. They are like most teen girls and love to gossip, but Margaret realizes she is not always on the good side of gossip. After reading this, I learned to appreciate the things my friends and family do for me voluntarily.


The author's comments:
I love this book. After I read it from the library I went and bought it.