The Other Boleyn Girl | Teen Ink

The Other Boleyn Girl MAG

By Bapalapa2 ELITE, Brooklyn, New York
Bapalapa2 ELITE, Brooklyn, New York

What if the mood of your enemy determinedwhether you would live or die every day of every year? Now imagine thatthis person is not only your sister, but the second most powerful figurein England: Queen Anne Boleyn. If you cannot imagine living in suchagony, I do not blame you, but if you can, welcome to the unenviablelife of Mary Boleyn, referred to as the “other Boleyngirl.”

In Philippa Gregory's gripping masterpiece,Mary first comes to court at the age of 14 when she is thrust into anarranged marriage, and then is forced instead to court the king. He soonloses interest in her when her undeniably beautiful sister arrives. So,setting Mary aside he weds Anne. However, no one marries a king for joy- a lesson Anne learns a bit too late. With her jealous, violenttantrums, aging physique, and inability to produce the heirs shepromised, the king begins to forget Anne and another new woman comesinto his life.

Will Anne survive the whispered rumors when shegives birth to her third, deformed stillborn? Will Mary's innocentchildren survive Anne's green-eyed wrath at their mother'sfertility? Will they die because of it? Will Mary's secret act ofdeceit go unnoticed, or will she be forced to pay for her betrayal?

A spellbinding story of devotion, secrecy, conspiracy anddetermination, this is a true tale that will alter your perspective oflife and love.

If you do not give The Other Boleyn Girl yourutmost praise, you must think breathing a waste of time. Truth truly isstranger (and in this case more compelling) than fiction.

I recommend this to everyone who needs to be reminded that thereis such thing as heaven. Read it!

i love this !

I myself have read The Other Boleyn Girl and agree with your opinions! Everyone out there SHOULD read this book! And also, excellent review, although there were spacing errors. Keep the reviews coming! ^^