Yesterday I Cried | Teen Ink

Yesterday I Cried MAG

By Bapalapa2 ELITE, Brooklyn, New York
Bapalapa2 ELITE, Brooklyn, New York

"Honor what you feel by saying it the way you would want to hear it." Yesterday I Cried, by Iyanla Vanzant, is an eye-opening andsoul-stretching book unlike any other. It is guaranteed to leave any readerthinking about his or her life from an entirely new perspective. We often learnfrom the mistakes we make, but this book gives everyone the opportunity to learnwithout making the mistakes themselves. Based on lessons learned by the author,this book is sure to touch your heart and change your everydaylife.

Through her life, Vanzant faced enormous hardships. Having enduredteen pregnancy, abusive relationships and rape, the strength of a woman becomesthe theme. When many would have given up, she grew stronger and pushed through,and not only walked away successful and happy, but also having touched millionsof lives.

Vanzant's life story is inspiring, but the spiritual message iswhat makes this book's impact so great. It is clear that Vanzant's story is notone of self-pity, but rather has an inspirational message. No reader will walkaway the same person. If life were a subject we took in school, Vanzant would bethe universal instructor.

i love this !