Crime and Punishment | Teen Ink

Crime and Punishment MAG

By Bapalapa2 ELITE, Brooklyn, New York
Bapalapa2 ELITE, Brooklyn, New York

In Crime and Punishment, Fyodor Dostoyevsky takes a deep dive into the mind of a St.Petersburg man, Rodion Raskolnikov, who plans the faultless murder of apawnbroker (whom no one loves or will miss). He knows the perfect way to approachher and then hide all evidence. Sounds interesting, doesn't it?

Crime andPunishment is based on one man's profound thoughts. It is a powerfulpsychological study, a terrifying murder mystery and a fascinating detectivethriller.

The book is engaging, full of many changes that capture thereader's attention. It takes the reader on a path deep into the criminal mind ofa man who is possessed by both good and evil. After the murder (about 100 pagesof the 600), Raskolnikov must deal with his conscience and decide whether tohide, or confess.

Crime and Punishment is an outstanding novel.Dostoyevsky explains everything so vividly, as if he had committed a murderhimself. Once I picked up the book, I couldn't put it down. There is one problem:the characters' names - Raskolnikov, Marmeladov, Svidrigailov, Razumikhin,Luzhin, Lebezyatnikov, Zossimov, and Ivanovna - can be confusing. It may takesome time to get familiar with them, but this is an exceptionalread.

Crime and Punishment explores human psychology and how the searchfor redemption can consume a person. I recommend this especially to thoseinterested in mysteries and psychology.

i love this !

TREASURETROVE, BHOPAL, Other
I WOULD LIKE TO READ THIS BOOK