The Hobbit | Teen Ink

The Hobbit MAG

The Hobbit is a story about Bilbo Baggins, a small elf-like creature, often referred as a hobbit, who is abruptly taken away from his home and reluctantly drawn into a quest full of evil orcs, savage wolves, giant spiders, and other great dangers. Gandalf, the town wizard and sorcerer, takes Bilbo along with other homeless dwarves and goes on a never-to-be-forgotten adventure. Their goal is to find the One Ring of Power and bring it back to The Shire. In the end it is Bilbo who confronts the great dragon Smaug, fights him to his death and leaves as a legend in tales to come.

Endings are always the most important part. The conclusion in The Hobbit was very effective. It showed how Bilbo Baggins, who wanted peace and quiet and didn't want to be disturbed, becomes full of courage and the will to win. Throughout the book Bilbo matures and becomes a stronger person, fearing nothing.

For the most part The Hobbit was not a hard book to follow. There were not a lot of confusing scenes in the book. It was basically light, easy reading, but the subject matter was not for me.

On a scale of one to ten, I give the book a five. I think if you're the kind of person who likes to read about dungeons, dragons, wizards and other fantasies of that nature then it's a great book. Otherwise, I really didn't care for the book and was often bored

i love this !

WHAT ARE YOU CRAZY!! the hobbit is the beast t but I can understand if you didn't like it but I seen them all and I loved them but your crazy the hobbit is one of my favorite movies

daddysgirl said...
this is a good, interesting book. in the beginning, i though it was going to be boring, and that i wouldn't finish reading the book. but, actually it's a good book. i encourage you to read this then watch it. J.R.R Tolkien was a good writer. his books are awesome!

the_chris_218, Durham, North Carolina
It was a nice review, well formatted and over all nice, but I was disappointed. You didn’t talk about how the storytelling was in the book. I found the storytelling in the book to be the best part. The whole book was like someone was with me telling me the story of how Bilbo went on his amazing journey. The way Tolkien told the story made it seem like he was in the room with me. It was just amazing.