The Hobbit | Teen Ink

The Hobbit MAG

By Anonymous

   The Hobbit is a story about Bilbo Baggins, a small elf-like creature, often referred as a hobbit, who is abruptly taken away from his home and reluctantly drawn into a quest full of evil orcs, savage wolves, giant spiders, and other great dangers. Gandalf, the town wizard and sorcerer, takes Bilbo along with other homeless dwarves and goes on a never-to-be-forgotten adventure. Their goal is to find the One Ring of Power and bring it back to The Shire. In the end it is Bilbo who confronts the great dragon Smaug, fights him to his death and leaves as a legend in tales to come.

Endings are always the most important part. The conclusion in The Hobbit was very effective. It showed how Bilbo Baggins, who wanted peace and quiet and didn't want to be disturbed, becomes full of courage and the will to win. Throughout the book Bilbo matures and becomes a stronger person, fearing nothing.

For the most part The Hobbit was not a hard book to follow. There were not a lot of confusing scenes in the book. It was basically light, easy reading, but the subject matter was not for me.

On a scale of one to ten, I give the book a five. I think if you're the kind of person who likes to read about dungeons, dragons, wizards and other fantasies of that nature then it's a great book. Otherwise, I really didn't care for the book and was often bored