The Bone Collector | Teen Ink

The Bone Collector

The Bone Collector by Jeffery Deaver

The Bone Collector is a story about a paralyzed criminologist who, with the help of a beautiful sidekick, has to uncover the clues left behind by the psychotic killer known only as the “Bone Collector,” before he takes another victim. This book is chillingly fascinating and horrifyingly realistic. Full of grilling investigations, terrible discoveries, all in all, a story that brings new meaning to the saying “chilled to the bone.”

In The Bone Collector, the theme “feeling useless can destroy you” is found many times throughout the book. The main character wants to commit suicide because he feels useless to everyone. Also, the main female character of the book feels useless after she stops helping the main character with the case, so much that she emotionally berates herself and finally returns to help.

This book was simply amazing. It was the best mystery novel I've ever read, unlike all the others, the clues aren't obvious, they hide beneath the surface, as you and the main character dig desperately to find them.

I recommend this book to anyone who enjoys trying to find the culprit before the main character does. Actually, I recommend this book to anyone who just loves a good mystery. As far as mysteries go, this one is tops.