Lies of Silence | Teen Ink

Lies of Silence

Lies of Silence Book Review

„Yes there is a bomb in the car. It's set to a time device. Your job is to park the car in its proper place and come out right away… Now, if you do exactly what I tell you, when you come back here your wife will be waitin' for you.” Brian Moore's exciting novel Lies of Silence takes place in Northern Ireland. It tells the story of Michael Dillon, a middle aged hotel manager, who is planning to leave his wife for another woman. The night before his confession to his wife, their house is invaded by the IRA, a radical terrorist group that is trying to gain independence from Britain. The group forces Michael and his wife to sit in their living room as a bomb is placed in his car. They then threaten him, saying that if he does not drive the car to his hotel, they will shoot his wife. While driving to the hotel, he has to choose whether to save many people or to save his wife who is waiting at home with a gun to her head.
Brian Moore is an exciting writer, tantalizing the reader and making him believe that he is actually there. The novel's events are written in such a realistic matter, that sometimes the reader begins to question if the story is fiction or reality.
Although it is no longer sold in most stores, this novel is definitely worth the run to the library. The constant fear of Michael Dillon that Brian Moore conveys so well constantly keeps the reader interested in what is to come and unable to put this book down.

shan said...
ya i need ta rite a page lies of silence. and how i lked it but i didnt how wud i say that in a nice way