The Book Thief | Teen Ink

The Book Thief

The Book Thief By: Markus Zusak
What is an synonym for amazing? What ever it is it, describes everything about this book. This book is about the life of a girl: narrated by Death. It is about how he sees her life and about what she does throughout it. This book makes you question…How can people be so mean? Why did it take so long to stop the tragedy that occurred?

She goes through her life struggling about everything. From her identity to the way she interacts with other people. It gives a taste of what it feels like to look different, be Jewish, and how she was treated. It tells the story of how she left her parents and the different environments she was put in. Different people's homes can be better than the place you were before you arrived. This is the lesson she learned.
I recommend this book to anybody who likes to read or just wants to learn about how hard it was for other people throughout history. This literary miracle contains a story of love, trust, and disadvantages. The setting is not to long ago. It centers on a terrible tragedy that occurred in history. The Holocaust is something in our past, but it could easily be our future.