The Truth About Forever | Teen Ink

The Truth About Forever

The Truth About Forever
by Sarah Dessen

The Truth About Forever, by Sarah Dessen, gets its name from the conversations between Macy, the main character and Wes, her co-worker. They would always wonder: how long is forever? Forever was many different things. It was always changing. It could be a few minutes, a few years, or a lasting instant. The only truth was that it was always happening. It never stopped.

The Wish Catering crew consisted of some very different characters. None of them were very much alike and it was amazing to see them working together and getting by all of their many obstacles. The witty catering adventures kept me from putting the book down.

This book keeps you guessing till the end. It's obvious Macy and Wes's relationship was serious, but it wasn't clear what was going to happen when Jason, her boyfriend, came back. When Jason came back, it was a major turning point. Everyone, the catering crew, Macy's family, he friends, would find out how much Macy and Wes had in common and how much they enjoyed each other's company. Each page gave me something new to think about. The characters had a variety of emotions, likes, and dislikes, which made me laugh at some of their comments.

The emotions that Macy had were clearly stated and you could picture exactly what was happening. This is one of the best books I have ever read and I would encourage anyone to read it.

"This will certify that the above work is completely original."
Sara Mansuri