The Last Song by Nicholas Sparks | Teen Ink

The Last Song by Nicholas Sparks

By sunnyhunny PLATINUM, Litchfield, New Hampshire
sunnyhunny PLATINUM, Litchfield, New Hampshire

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."
-Ghandi

“The Last Song” by Nicholas Sparks is a phenomenal novel, not only because of the incredibly heart-warming love story that it tells, but also because of the thoughtful yet relatable plot that the romance is woven into. This book is about love of all kinds. It is about love between couples, love between family members, and even love between enemies.

The main character in this novel is stubborn and rebellious Ronnie, who is quickly approaching womanhood without any plans for her life. Ronnie is furious when she and her younger brother are shipped to their father’s house for the summer. She hasn’t spoken to her dad since he left three years ago, and is far from happy to hear that she’ll be living with him. Ronnie arrives at her dad’s in a foul mood, but soon begins to view her visit there as a gift rather than a punishment. Her father is patient and kind with her, and she starts to regret having pushed him away for so long.

As Ronnie’s relationship with her father flourishes, she also falls deeply in love with Will Blakelee. Initially, Will doesn’t appear to be her type, but she soon discovers that the wealthy beach boy is everything she could ever want. Of course, a summer like this can’t last forever. How will Ronnie cope when Will leaves for college right before tragedy strikes, leaving her without the ones she loves?

I recommend this novel to anyone looking for an average-level book that will make you think deeply and cry hard. It’s just about impossible to read this book cover to cover without feeling something stir inside you.

me!! said...
@you, why are u reading this. this is not usefully. stop raeding!! hahaha you are stil reading he? ok

klegault SILVER, St. Thomas, Other
Nicholas Sparks is a fabulous author, and when I read this, it was exactly as I hoped and expected for. Reading this novel gave me chills down my spine. This truly is my favourite novel of his. Lovely!

fuckme1345 said...
Ill fight every single one of you. This poem is gayer then aids wrapped in bacon

gleek1234 GOLD said...
gleek1234 GOLD, Burlington, Vermont

You did let me go you left me broken and heartless, crying out for help, with no one to answer my calls-Shilpa Pierpont-Hale ( poem) Love hurts

how was she being rude

lilyloveswriting BRONZE, Morrisville, Vermont
i really loved this review. it was simple but yet explained the book very well. I've read this book and I loved it, too. If I hadn't, I would have certainly read it because of your review :)

Pink30 said...
Wow, you're pretty rude... I personally think she did a good job in this. 

-Ghandi

uh thanks... i think.  :P

hokeypokey said...
madd chillen

-Ghandi

The movie was nothing compared to the book, in my opinion.  but it was still really sweet!

on Sep. 2 2010 at 1:29 am
dustybrowneyes BRONZE, East Bethel, Minnesota

I\\\'d like to run away
From you,
But if you didn\\\'t come
And find me ...
I would die.
~ by Shirley Bassey ~

the movie was amazing wached it about 1000 times no joke

-Ghandi

Thanks!  I try to edit my work, but I usually miss really obvious errors.  I'm glad you noticed this is not one of those times! 

a.m.f BRONZE said...
a.m.f BRONZE, Gainesville, Florida

"God never shuts a door unless he opens another."

You really pulled the important details from the book, and were able to make an interested reader eager to take a look at it.  I've personally read it, and I think your review is perfect.  I also love that you don't have grammer and spelling errors.  It makes the review so much more easy to read. :)

-Ghandi

I know, he's great!  I ordered The Notebook online, because I want to become familiar with some of his other books. 

-Ghandi

Thanks for the feedback :)

OfficialApprover PLATINUM, Orefield, Pennsylvania

Grab life by the balls. -Slobberknocker
We cannot change the cards we're dealt just how we play the hand
Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted
It's pretty easy to be smart when you're parroting smart people
-Randy Pausch

Yet again, amazing review!  I already intended to read this book, since I love Nicholas Sparks, but if I hadn't, you would have made me want to read it!  Very well-put and intriguing.  I'm sure it's an excellent book.

-Ghandi

Yes, the movie is good, but read the book first!  The movie is nothing compared to the novel! 

And yes, I like to keep my reviews short because I see reviews as a from of entertainment.  I don't wanna bore anyone to death by retelling the story! 

wishicoulddeletemyaccount BRONZE, Saint Louis, Missouri
Oooh, this makes me want to read the book! I haven't seen the movie, anyone know if it's any good? Very good review- short, simple, sweet, yet informative. :)

-Ghandi

Thanks so much!

prettygirl19 BRONZE, Sardis, Mississippi
I like this review. It was written well.

-Ghandi

Yeah, the book was really really good, but the movie was just O.K.  It didn't measure up to the book, and it's also disappointing when the movie isn't how you pictured the story.  Hence, Miley Cyrus.