Sun and Moon, Ice and Snow by Jessica Day George | Teen Ink

Sun and Moon, Ice and Snow by Jessica Day George

January 13, 2011
By earthy_kat GOLD, Sebree, Kentucky
earthy_kat GOLD, Sebree, Kentucky
17 articles 1 photo 34 comments

Favorite Quote:
"My heart has joined the Thousand, for my friend stopped running today." - Hazel from the book Watership Down (by Richard Adams).


Life has been hard in the Northlands since the winter started, over one hundred years ago. Living in a family with eight siblings does not make it easier for the girl whose mother was so disgusted with her at birth that she didn't name the infant. The youngest daughter of a woodcutter, she simply called girl, and lass by her oldest brother. But soon, life takes an interesting turn when one of the villagers spots a white reindeer, an enchanted creature who grants a boon to any who can capture him. It is the lass who finds him, and whom receives his gift: something she has always wanted; a name. It is this meeting that brings the lass face to face with her destiny, when she is later met by another enchanted being; a polar bear in search of love and freedom.

Sun and Moon, Ice and Snow is a beautifully written book filled to the brim with love and adventure. A quick, fantastic read that will lift hearts again and again.

The author's comments:
Another book I read in one day. I thoroughly enjoyed it.