Stick Figure by Lori Gottlieb | Teen Ink

Stick Figure by Lori Gottlieb

This is a story of a young girl starving herself. They all were confused. Why wasn't Lori eating? 2 words- anorexia nervosa. (The disorder where you think your fat and don't eat.) However, most of the time it's the teenagers and adults that would become anorexic. Hardly ever does a child become anorexic.
What's interesting about this story is that it's no story at all. The entire book was made from Lori's diary. The one she wrote at age 11, her time with anorexia.
This book made me think about how scary it can be for your family and people that care about you as well. I know that if I had a child that didn't eat I would feel guilty, sad, angry, and worried all at the same time.
The story inspired me to be sure to eat and to make sure my friends eat too. I really want to keep anybody who isn't from not eating.
I would say that this is the kind of book that will make you smile, cry, yell, and feel. I know many points in the book where I wanted to yell at the parents for… well… read the book and you'll find out. Trust me, this is a great story!