Fever 1793 by Laurie Halse Anderson | Teen Ink

Fever 1793 by Laurie Halse Anderson

Everything was going fine until Polly died this is a book about a girl named Matilda working at her mother's café in Philadelphia, when suddenly Fever started to spread through out the city. Her mother was one of the victims of them. Everybody she knew and loved was going to die. Now Matilda and her cook are fighting to help save the fever victims.

Laurie Halse Anderson is the author of the book Fever 1793. She was born in Potsdam in Northern New York State. She published 3 more books. Her favorite Genre was Historical fiction, and science fiction. One of her books she wrote was Speak. The book won a National book award.

My favorite part in this book was the ending when Matilda finally got to reunite with her mother and had a business partner, but I think the book would have been better if they made a second series.

I loved this book, and I would love to read it five more times. It's a sad story that will make you cry, and would make u never let go of the book. I think people in all ages should read this book, especially 6th graders. I hope you read it and enjoy it as much ass I did.