Shipwreck by Gordon Korman | Teen Ink

Shipwreck by Gordon Korman

“Luke Haggerty peered out between the palm fronds. ‘Call me crazy' he said in shock, ‘but I think that's a chicken.” Food is only one thing that the six castaways need to deal with during their struggles on the tropical island.
All the castaways use their different talents to escape the island. Luke the is castaway leader, J.J. is the son of a rich movie star, Charla is very athletic, Ian use his smarts from watching discovery channel, and Lyssa and Will are brother and sister. Will, Lyssa, J.J., Charla, and Ian are all stuck on the island after a ship wreck. All the castaways feel angry and depressed about being stuck on an island with no food and no hope of survival. But there's one problem; it was bad enough when they were stuck alone on the island but now they have company, really bad company; plus, one of the castaways is injured and it's a race to get him and the others off the island.
Korman combines adventure and realistic fiction to hook readers on the first page. Gordon Korman does and excellent job leaving the reader in suspense the entire book; I won't be able to put the book down. I felt like I was right in the book and that i personally know all the characters. I recommend this to anyone who likes a good adventure.