The Ear, the Eye, and the Arm by Nancy Farmer | Teen Ink

The Ear, the Eye, and the Arm by Nancy Farmer

It is 2194, and a startling kidnapped has occurred. General Matsika, an all-powerful general who nearly wiped out all gangs in Zimbabwe, has lost his children. But how could this happen? No one could possibly enter the general's fortress-like house and exit alive… and with his children. Tendai, Rita, and Kuda are the general's children. They are unhappy with their father even though there treated like royalty; their father won't let them leave the house. So their solution was to run away while their parents were out and in the process they were kidnapped. Now General Matsika decides to hire three detectives with supernatural abilities. But can the detectives find the children before it is too late, or will Tendai, Rita, and Kuda perish in the harshness of the world?
The Ear, the Eye, and the Arm is a futuristic and invigorating book for all who love to think anything can happen.
I literally could not put this book down; it was so electrifying! But, readers should be prepared to see if cruelty and hatred could prevail against hope and friendship.