Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert | Teen Ink

Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert

By princeofsparx DIAMOND, Manhattan, New York
princeofsparx DIAMOND, Manhattan, New York

Those who reach for the stars should never forget the flowers that bloom at their feet.

During the summer, I was recommended by my mom to read a book called "Eat, Pray, Love". Initially, I was very adamant about not reading the book because after seeing commercials for the movie, the novel didn't seem to be a good fit for what I would normally read. To my surprise, "Eat, Pray, Love" by Elizabeth Gilbert has been a pleasant surprise and I've enjoyed reading every page of this book from the gorgeous sceneries displayed through the language to the overall message of the book.

"Eat, Pray, Love" revolves around Liz, a woman who has just survived a divorce. Hoping to find herself once again, she goes on a year round trip of travel in order to discover the meaning of her life. She travels to Italy to eat, India to pray, and unexpectedly finds love on her journey to Bali. Liz goes on a whirlwind adventure and meets many new people, experiences new cultures and customs, and finds peace within herself. "Eat, Pray, Love" is definitely a good read for anyone feeling down about themselves and reminds everybody that the simplest things in life are those that make us the happiest. "Eat, Pray, Love" is truly a literary masterpiece not for it's heavy topics or sophisticated language, but for it's ability to connect with the audience on a deeper level through the surface of us all.