Three Little Words by Ashley Rhodes-Courter | Teen Ink

Three Little Words by Ashley Rhodes-Courter

By Kelly-In-Wonderland GOLD, Westfield, New Jersey
Kelly-In-Wonderland GOLD, Westfield, New Jersey

Looking for an enthralling, inspiring, yet true tale of a modern-day heroine? If so, head to your local library and check out Three Little Words, the New York Times bestselling memoir by Ashley Rhodes-Courter. Readers will intently follow young Ashley for the duration of her problematical journey through America’s appallingly flawed foster care system.
For example, Ashley experienced physical and emotional abuse from alleged foster ‘mothers’. She specifically reminisces on her time at the household of Marjorie Moss, who is as “Wicked as a fairy-tale witch,” as she declared in her preface. Astoundingly, out of 195 personnel such as foster parents and various other recruits, only two managed to rescue Ashley from foster care, and overall improve the quality of her life – both were unpaid volunteers. Despite the hardships life throws at her, Ashley somehow miraculously not just copes with her struggles, but accomplishes more than the average individual even dreams of.
By the final page, the writer’s undoubting gift of unfailing love and courage easily impresses all. After nine traumatic years of overcoming countless obstacles, uttering three little words completely alter Ashley’s entire life…not to mention the lives of anyone who opts to read her astonishing narrative of self-discovery.

Ashley's true story changed my life! She is amazing.

Vball chik said...
great book, but i can't figure out the three little words??????

Thank you SO much! That means a lot to me; and you should read it! I love that book...

M.Trainor SILVER, Pataskala, Ohio
This makes me want to go out and get it : )