The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants by Ann Brashares | Teen Ink

The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants by Ann Brashares

By LabitGurl GOLD, Carrboro, North Carolina
LabitGurl GOLD, Carrboro, North Carolina

"Before yoy criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them you are a mile away from them, and you have their shoes."

“Today is the day we worried about yesterday,” that is how four young friends felt as they went their separate ways for the summer. Yet, they’re not alone, they are joined together by one pair of pants, magic pants. They don’t make you fly, they can’t do tricks, but they can keep four friends together. These pants travel to Greece, Mexico, and to South Carolina. They travel, collecting stories, adventures, and romance too.

The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants by Ann Brashares is a captivating read about four young friends. They are experiencing their first summer apart from each other. They keep together by sending around one pair of pants that seems to fit all of them perfectly. Carmen is off spending the summer with her father, yet soon finds out that he is engaged to a woman with two kids. Lena is in Greece with her grandparents who have pre-picked out a boy for her. Bridget is spending her summer at a serious athletic camp where she soon falls for a coach. Lastly, Tibby is stuck at home for the summer working a horrible job, but that’s where she meets a young girl at the age of 12 with leukemia

This is a great read for a young adult because it deals with problems and relationships that are going on in every teen’s life. I personally loved this book because it really makes you feel like you are connected to them personally and not just someone reading their story. I would recommend this book for a 12-16 year old girl because of the opinions and situations they get into. This is a great book for teens that like realistic fiction and romance novels. Over all, it is a heart filled read that I could not put down.