Pawn of Prophecy by David Eddings | Teen Ink

Pawn of Prophecy by David Eddings

May 1, 2012
By Sharkgirl SILVER, Honolulu, Hawaii
Sharkgirl SILVER, Honolulu, Hawaii
9 articles 0 photos 16 comments

Favorite Quote:
Brave men may not live forever, but cautious men do not live at all.
Author Unknown


Garion’s life turns upside down when an extremely important object is stolen. He’s then thrown into a quest with people he doesn’t know in a tempt to recover the item. Along the way, Garion learns that his only living family member might not really be related to him at all. He’s then faced with a choice to either trust her, even though no one will tell him what they are searching for.

I liked how in the beginning Garion is just a normal boy who thinks he knows everything, but then when he leaves the only place he has ever known, he quickly realizes how little he actually knows, especially about himself. I think a lot of people can relate to that because they have gone through something similar. I liked how throughout he book Eddings incorporated the idea of trust and how we need to trust others, even though sometimes we don’t want too.

I also like how Eddings made some of the secondary characters very mysterious, so you have to guess who they are. Eddings used lots of descriptions so you become the main character, and you live the book instead of reading it.

I would defiantly recommend Pawn of Prophecy to anyone who likes to take a journey, or if they just want to read a good fantasy novel.