Another Country by Anjali Joseph | Teen Ink

Another Country by Anjali Joseph

February 3, 2014
By Nurin Annisha Abdul Razak SILVER, Seremban, Other
Nurin Annisha Abdul Razak SILVER, Seremban, Other
7 articles 2 photos 0 comments

Based on the book that I’ve read in the school holidays, I think, this book is about a 21 year old girl, Leela in Bombay and another countries. The story tell us about Leela through her sojourns in Paris, London and Bombay, as she grows up through many experiences both awkward and lovely in each city. It is a great book for teenagers.

Paris, London and Bombay, are the three cities from a backdrop journey through Leela’s twenties at the dawn of the new millennium, as she learns about world, work and others. This book is really adventurous because it is about Leela’s relationship with the man she chooses to date is probably the story Joseph seems to be getting at, and that happens masterfully in another country. Her awkwardness, her evolution, and stumbling on her love things the point across faithfully. In the other country, Leela is the another person.

This book is really good for teenagers because at the end, there are some lines that can remind us perhaps on our on diary entries, furiously written in our own age as a teenager. The sentiment however stays true to each of our experiences. Another Country is a perfect book for us. This book gives many positive moral values.