City Of Bones by Cassandra Clare | Teen Ink

City Of Bones by Cassandra Clare

By CreativeFreakkk DIAMOND, Spencer, Iowa
CreativeFreakkk DIAMOND, Spencer, Iowa

Stand up for what you believe in even if it means standing alone. -Andy Biersack
Sometimes you gotta fall before you can fly. -Kellin Quinn
You made me hate my own reflection. -Sleeping With Sirens

City of Bones by Cassandra Clare is like a roller coaster, there is moments where they can be fighting and go back to normal the next minute. The relationship problems are a whole different story, but I can’t really explain it to you without spoilers. City of Bones will take you to a whole different dimension with shadow hunters, warlocks, vampires, and any other supernatural being. There will be demons who sound as creepy as death but others who sound as sweet as a dog. (pit bull to be exact, I don’t think demons can get any sweeter then those.)

Clary Fray a 16 year old girl who didn’t think anyone was more supernatural then her downstairs neighbor Dorothea, but Dorothea also is hiding something from Clary that even her own self doesn’t know about it. When Clary goes to the Pandemonium Club, she goes there thinking that her and Simon would just stand out and just be dancing in a corner or something being ignored, but that’s just the opposite, she actually witnesses a murder that not even her best friend Simon Lewis can see. Then everything starts going downhill from there she finds out that her mom was hiding a huge secret from her, her entire life, Clary believes that her mom has just been making her whole life a lie from day one.

City of Bones, although it will make you cry and laugh at some points, but I believe it was the best book ever written. Not just from the plot and how Cassandra Clare writes it but by the way she let’s into Clary’s emotions so we feel like were her or in the book.