The Mark of Athena by Rick Riordan | Teen Ink

The Mark of Athena by Rick Riordan

By theheavymetalist ELITE, Winter Haven, Florida
theheavymetalist ELITE, Winter Haven, Florida

Take me As I Am - James Labrie of Dream Theater

The Mark of Athena is one of the spin-off stories that followed the Percy Jackson series. It follows four main characters in order: Annabeth, Leo, Piper and of course Percy. The story's main plot has to do with Annabeth trying to save the Athena Parthenon and putting it back in its orignal spot in the Pantheon. The crew of seven it seems, like to mess around for a while and wait until the last second to really get anthing done.

Each of the main characters also has their part of the story to tell and Rick is able to make all of these sides flow into one complete story. Annabeth's side is trying to save the Parthenon as mentioned before; Leo's is to try to fit in with the rest of his friends; Piper's deals with her relationship with Jason the son of Jupiter and her travels with Leo; and Percy's is to help with the rest of the crew and fix everyone's problems as best as possible.

SPOILER WARNING:At the end, Annabeth is thrown into the underworld along with the defeat of the spider and Athena's biggest rival:Archimedes. As we all know if we've read any of the Percy Jackson books is that they like to transition to the next story towards the end.

I do love this story and believe it or not, this is what got me into the series and I love it. For the rating I would surely give it a 9.5/10.

I love to read so do expect me to drop an occasional Book review if possible. I will keep up with the normal music reviews as well so of course. If you like this review I suggest you rate and comment.

My next review will be Marilyn Manson's Pale Emperor.