Wesley the owl | Teen Ink

Wesley the owl

By sofihuasteca SILVER, Laredo, Texas
sofihuasteca SILVER, Laredo, Texas

'A love story about a girl and her owl' This book is truly moving. It is a drama, a love story, an informative text, it is jut about everything. It made me cry tears of sadness, and of joy. It helped me open my eyes about the capacities of nonhuman species I never though there were, excluding dogs. I never imagined the amazing traits owls could have. This book actually changed the course of my life, I will now study birds along with mammals. The way Stacey describes the antics of her feathered friend, both scientifically and motherly. Her attachment to 'her' owl also sets this book apart from others. She speaks in a scientific manor, but also reminds us that animals are our fellow beings and not just subjects. Stacey tells a great story, and keeps you captivated because of her nonfiction way of telling it. You actually learn from this book and have a story to follow as well, keeping it fun. I really love this book. A really really great and recommendable book.

LOVE THIS BOOK! read it if your intersted in animals, science, or just because, it is amazing!