Miles to Go by Miley Cyrus | Teen Ink

Miles to Go by Miley Cyrus MAG

March 5, 2009
By NoRulesJustWrite PLATINUM, Ada, Michigan
NoRulesJustWrite PLATINUM, Ada, Michigan
21 articles 5 photos 50 comments

Favorite Quote:
Stay happy, stay weird, and don't let anyone take away your smile.


Miles to Go took me on a road trip through the life of a girl I thought I already knew everything about. Boy, was I wrong. With every sentence, I felt like Miley was talking to me, having a sister-to-sister chat. She wrote this book with her heart, and that is why it is so meaningful.

Miley is not a cookie-cutter celebrity, like many say. She knows where she came from and won’t forget it. She lives by her values and holds onto her strong faith.

Miley’s family is always her top priority. While she may be famous and live in L.A., who she is hasn’t changed. If her little sister, Noah, wants her to stay home and watch a movie, Miley will. Even if Miley gets invited to a celebrity party, it’s clear that she will choose her family first.

My favorite part of the book was when she talks about Vanessa, a girl who was, as Miley puts it, “the sister God forgot to give me.” Vanessa was a 9-year-old suffering from cystic fibrosis. Miley met her at a hospital and they became instant friends. Miley kept in contact with her family and often visited Vanessa at the hospital or called when she was on tour. One day Miley called only to find out that Vanessa’s time on Earth had ended. Miley was devastated. She immediately got off the tour bus and lay down in a frozen field. This was when Miley realized how much she had needed Vanessa, and how important it is to love every day and not take it for granted. This was just one of Miley’s many beautiful stories.

Somewhere between introducing us to Pappy Cyrus, who changed so many lives, learning to accept her “cankles,” and sharing her love for eating eggs with syrup, Miley connects with readers. For someone so young, Miley is one of the most brilliant people I have ever seen. Her fame hasn’t changed her; she stays grounded with the help of her family and her faith.

When this book came out, I became Miley’s number-one fan all over again. In reading Miles to Go, I felt like a part of the family.


Similar Articles

JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This article has 253 comments.


on Sep. 28 2010 at 7:08 pm
Babygirl809 SILVER, Fort Leonard Wood, Missouri
8 articles 3 photos 19 comments
It upsets me when young stars write about their lives. Like seriously you are only what 18...19...20 wat have u done in ur life that is so amazing. U havent had time to change the world. That plus I hate miley cyrus. Shes so fake n her songs suck. 

summertime13 said...
on Sep. 28 2010 at 3:25 pm
lol i dont realli like miely cyrus but the story was ok

mz.marialuv said...
on Sep. 28 2010 at 3:21 pm
i luv miley cyurs fover and ever

autumn said...
on Sep. 28 2010 at 3:17 pm
lol gurl ........................................................

on Sep. 28 2010 at 1:14 pm
xxEllaxStarxx BRONZE, Petersburg, Alaska
3 articles 2 photos 8 comments

Favorite Quote:
The hardest thing to do is watch the one you love, love someone else.

I'm not a fan of Miley, and never will be, but i enjoyed reading this review a lot! nice job! ^_^ 

hanna said...
on Aug. 27 2010 at 3:57 pm

hi people

 

 


hanna said...
on Aug. 26 2010 at 7:41 pm
i loved that review soo much i think it is heart warming

hanna said...
on Aug. 26 2010 at 7:35 pm
i love miley cyrus she is a great person i want her to be my sister i love her she is cool sometimes when shes not doing bad stuff or being mean to other stars thats when i hate her the most cause shes not the only star i like i like other stars to like tylor swift and t pain and 50% and justin beaiber anyways i want to get her book soooooooooo bad i read that reveiw i loved it .

on Aug. 23 2010 at 8:07 am
DiamondsIntheGrass GOLD, Martinsville, New Jersey
14 articles 1 photo 278 comments

Favorite Quote:
Worry is simply a misuse of the imagination.

very persuasive, but even if miley cyrus herself did write it, shes got people working behind the scenes that don't get any credit.  they edit her work and make sure she sounds amazing. but maybe ill borrow it and take a look at it.

on Aug. 18 2010 at 1:05 pm
Blue4indigo PLATINUM, Sturbridge, Connecticut
24 articles 0 photos 382 comments

Favorite Quote:
I'd rather be sorry for something that I did than for something I didn't do.
-Red Scott

Nice review!

But... it is kind of difficult to judge whether a celbrity is "good" or "bad". Anybody would write a book about themselves saying what a great person he/she is. Then again, anybody would gossip about a celebrity saying what a terrible person he/she is.


blah100 said...
on Aug. 9 2010 at 3:12 pm
lol thats what i'm sayin. I mean most famous people like her paint a picture of how "nice" they are, or how "worried" they are of the earth. but to tell you the truth that is not the real Miley Cyrus. not saying that she is a completely revolting person that noone should like, i'm just sayin the book she wrote is only explaining half of her real life the rest is made-up stuff.

on Aug. 9 2010 at 3:11 pm

i dont think thats nice

i wont to read the book now


on Aug. 3 2010 at 10:29 pm
ashbadash BRONZE, Ocala, Florida
4 articles 1 photo 45 comments

Favorite Quote:
Friends are like glue, they always stick by your side.

haha I've never read this book, actually I've never heard about this book, but now I wanna go out and find it and read it!!! thx bunches

on Jul. 24 2010 at 6:32 pm
xXPoptartKillerXx BRONZE, Heflin, Louisiana
2 articles 3 photos 3 comments

Favorite Quote:
I get the best feeling in the world when you say hi or even smile at me because I know, even if its just for a second, that I've crossed your mind.

Being a christian isn't about judging someone. If you always judge and critisise people, THAT is what drives people away from getting saved. Some people (not saying Miley) do that stuff to their body BEFORE they become a christian. But once they see that God is the only way, then what? You gonna tell them they aren't a REAL christian because you have a tattoo or you have a belly button ring? My mom has three tattoos. One of a cross, one as a memorial thing for her dad because he died when she was young, and one of...the batman symbol...but so what...batmans awesome. AND my mom is a christian. She is the sweetest person i know. And just because she got those tattoos doesn't mean she isn't being faithful to God and her religion.

on Jul. 24 2010 at 6:24 pm
xXPoptartKillerXx BRONZE, Heflin, Louisiana
2 articles 3 photos 3 comments

Favorite Quote:
I get the best feeling in the world when you say hi or even smile at me because I know, even if its just for a second, that I've crossed your mind.

Exactly! All of you people are just wasting your time. The reason for this web site is to write and let people give feedback on your writing. NOT the person or thing you wrote about. I say that this was very well writtin and expressed your opinions very well. =)

on Jul. 24 2010 at 3:41 pm
Amanda21 BRONZE, Dresher, Pennsylvania
4 articles 0 photos 2 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Nature never repeats herself, the possibilities of one human soul will never be found in another"
- Elizabeth Cady Stanton

Your review is very persuasive!  If I hadn't already read this book I would want to run out to the bookstore at this very moment and buy the first copy i saw! But, Unfortunately I find Miley's book to be badly written and very superficial.  She says she loves god and wants everyone to be in touch with Jesus, but she doesn't recognize that her fans are all different races and religions.  She wrote this book with "closed eyes" in my opinion.

on Jul. 22 2010 at 12:50 pm
WritingLoverForever PLATINUM, Bowling Green, Ohio
32 articles 2 photos 198 comments

Favorite Quote:
It's not about success; it's about significance.

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.

I totally agree with you. Miles to Go is an AMAZING book and Miley Cyrus is an AMAZING girl. Ever since the day her television show premiered (when I was in sixth grade) she has been my #1 celebrity. Just like you, I thought I knew everything about her but I was surprised several times throughout the book with things I never knew. She's such an influencel girl, and I'll always remain a faithful fan to her. :)

KandyMay said...
on Jul. 21 2010 at 7:35 pm
KandyMay, Central Point, Oregon
0 articles 0 photos 6 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Ad eundum quo nemo ante iit"

Nice job on the review. It made me interested in reading this. =)

niesh13 SILVER said...
on Jul. 2 2010 at 7:34 pm
niesh13 SILVER, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
6 articles 0 photos 54 comments

Favorite Quote:
Love Me, Hate Me. I Really Don't Care .
Truth Is...Life Goes On , With or Without You

Good Work :) . I Wanna Read The Book Nw.!!

ciarra. said...
on Jul. 2 2010 at 2:27 pm

can you read the book online