A Long Walk To Water by Linda Sue Park | Teen Ink

A Long Walk To Water by Linda Sue Park

May 3, 2016
By CoolLee BRONZE, Muskegon, Michigan
CoolLee BRONZE, Muskegon, Michigan
4 articles 0 photos 0 comments

By the tome I was done reading the book,  I was kind of stunned. It was so hard to explain those feelings. I've already learned about wars in Sudan before. Also, because it was such a short story, I did not expect much quality of it. As an international student, I wanted a book to have some easier words and orders. The beginning of the book was so interesting. I liked how the story was divided into two perspectives: Nya's and Salva's. Salva's story was amazing. He had to escape from the war and find the refugees. The connection between the death and Salva seemed to get closer every time but Salva had many reasons that made him survive. The detailed were so vivid that I felt like as if I was in those situations. The story in the desert was amazing. The desperate feeling of Salva was so sad. Even though I thought the story would be boring and same like other books, this book is totally different from what I have imagines. Nya's long walk to get water was kind of familiar to me because I have heard many times. There was not really a climax. I was happy to the happy endings though.