Eve & Adam by Katherine Applegate, Michael Grant | Teen Ink

Eve & Adam by Katherine Applegate, Michael Grant

By rachela12 BRONZE, Stoughton, Massachusetts
rachela12 BRONZE, Stoughton, Massachusetts

I was a bit skeptical of this book when I read the back cover, but after reading it in it's entirety I must admit I fell in love with this storyline! Pertaining to the characters, I thought they were each so different and unique in comparison to each other, it made each character important rather than just having one main character such as Eve. I really liked how the book was told through the eyes of Solo and Eve, because it truly showed how their love is bonded by their similar stubborn and realist personalities. As a comic relief and a fun change in comparison to the other characters, I thought Aislin was great. Her friendship with Eve is one of those duos that really makes you wonder how they ever came to be because they are so different, but work so well together! Although I love all the characters, Solo was probably my favorite. Containing such a brilliant mind, but still managing to be somewhat clueless when it comes to love and social interaction. The science in this book was part of the reason why it was so fascinating. After hearing of the different creations of the Spiker Company and the kinds of projects they part take in (such as creating and designing a real, live human being!) were so far fetched, but still reminded me of science today in a way, how scientists today take such big risks to find the answers they seek. To conclude, the "pros" of this book I would say are the character development, contrast between characters, descriptive style of writing, and suspenseful storyline. The only "con" for me would have to be the character Maddox, Aislin's boyfriend. His personality irritated me and I thought the parts that he was in weren't really necessary to the book. Overall, this funny, interesting, and clever novel has turned into one of my favorite books and I cant wait to read the sequel!!

ApollosAvenger, Lexington, Kentucky

"As long as you come into this world feeling loved, and you leave feeling the same, everything in between can be dealt with." - Michael Jackson

I saw this book at Kroger and felt skeptical about it, too, but after reading your article, I think I'll give it a whirl!