Notes from Ghost Town by Kate Ellison | Teen Ink

Notes from Ghost Town by Kate Ellison

By SarahWerner SILVER, Bedford, New York
SarahWerner SILVER, Bedford, New York

In this sweet mystery with funny quips , Olivia is an average teenager heading off to art school. The day before she leaves, her best guy friend, Lucas Stern and her share a kiss. Neither of them are sure as to how to react, so this kiss leaves their friendship in deep water, not to mention she goes colorblind. As soon as she leaves, Lucas is murdered and the blame is put on her schizophrenic mother. Olivia flunks out of art school and comes back home to live with her dad and his new family. Now that she's lost her best friend and mother, she struggles to get back to her normal self. Then one day, Lucas presents himself to her in the form of a ghost. He has not yet passed to the other side, he's stuck in the in-between. Olivia thinks she's turning into her mother.

Throughout the story Olivia tries to prove her mother's innocence by digging into information that she shouldn't be digging in. She goes through a lot of obstacles throughout her investigation and discovers a lot of secrets pertaining to a close family friend. At the end of the story, it gets worse before it gets better. There's a lot of action, and mystery throughout the novel, and it is definitely an interesting read. I really enjoyed getting sucked into this story.