Baby Driver | Teen Ink

Baby Driver

By MovieReviewer_18 ELITE, Short Hills, New Jersey
MovieReviewer_18 ELITE, Short Hills, New Jersey

Baby Driver is a movie revolving around a protagonist named Baby, and he's a fantastic driver. Because he got into trouble with the wrong people at the wrong time, he's forced to be a getaway driver for the wrong people. Baby is an orphan who lost his parents in a car accident. After the car accident, he gained a humming sound in his ears that he drowns out by playing music in his ears. Because of this, he loves music and has the perfect sound track for everything that he does. He hopes to one day be done with all of the driving for dirty money, but that's much easier said than done. When a girl named Debbie gets involved, the person who he owes money, Doc, gains leverage over Baby, and tries to ruin his dream of riding off in the sunset with her. 
 The soundtrack of the movie is superb and fits the movie perfectly, because the protagonist loves to listen to music. Having Kevin Spacey as the bad guy makes sense, since that's what he's best at, (in more than one way) and Jamie Foxx also takes his role to the next level. This movie is fun, original, and truly something special; there aren't many movies out there quite like this one. The movie has double-crossers, twists, crime, and everything that a good thriller needs. Although the ending starts to fall into stereotypes, when Baby is driving the car, the movie is fantastic, fast-packed, and truly one-of-a kind; there clearly is a reason why this movie received an outstanding 93% rating from Rotten Tomatoes, although that could've been higher if the ending had less stereotypes. Baby Driver is a special movie that is beyond unique. 

Baby Driver is a special movie that is beyond unique.