Spy | Teen Ink

Spy

By MovieReviewer_18 ELITE, Short Hills, New Jersey
MovieReviewer_18 ELITE, Short Hills, New Jersey

Spy is a movie revolving around CIA analyst Susan Cooper. Susan mostly works with Bradley Fine, one of the agency's top field agents. She acts like a guardian angel and ensures that he remains alive. Although Cooper works mostly at the desk, she was top of her class during training and more than capable of becoming a field agent. When Fine is murdered at the hands of Rayna Boyanov, an arms dealer with plans on selling nuclear weapons and getting them to New York, the CIA isn't positive of what they should do. Right before Rayna assassinated Bradley, she spoke into the fake contacts in Bradley's eyes that allow the agency to see and hear what he sees and hears, and Rayna told them that she knew all of their agents, while naming just a few. Because of this, the CIA needs someone who the terrorists would have no way of knowing, and Susan Cooper fits this description. Before she gets time to really prepare, Susan is sent to Paris with a fake identity on a search and report mission. However, when Cooper is put in the same room as Rayna and discovers that someone put a drug into her drink, Susan is forced to let the arms dealer be aware of it, because Boyanov is the only living person who knows where a nuclear bomb is. In order to thank Susan for saving her life, Rayna takes her to Budapest on a private plane, but Cooper must begin thinking on her feet. If she's not careful, Rayna will discover Susan's real identity and kill her. 
 The entire money is fun, exciting, entertaining, and cannot be recommended enough. The movie is one of the funniest spy movies ever, and there's witty quips all over the place. Even though the movie is a comedy, by no means is it a dumb one, and the movie is thought through and intelligent. The ending of the movie is fantastic and ends everything incredibly. Spy is a complete blast and will absolutely surprise people. 

Spy is an excellent spy movie that people need to start watching.