The Interview | Teen Ink

The Interview

By MovieReviewer_18 ELITE, Short Hills, New Jersey
MovieReviewer_18 ELITE, Short Hills, New Jersey

The Interview is a movie revolving around a fake TV show, Skylark Tonight, the producer, Aaron Rapoport, and the host, Dave Skylark. Skylark Tonight is a popular tabloid-TV show, and it mostly interview actors, actresses, singers, and rappers. However, when the producer interacts with an old classmate, Aaron feels lousy about himself after learning that the other guy is now a senior producer of 60 Minutes, and he begins to make crude jokes towards Rapoport. Aaron then convinces Dave to get more serious, and when the duo finds out that Kim Jong-Un is a huge fan of the show, they realize that they have a huge opportunity to interview one of the most famous people on the planet: the dictator of North Korea. 
 However, because of the threats that come with Kim, Aaron and Dave begin to grow some doubt on whether or not they are making the right decision. After a night of partying to calm their nerves, the next morning, they meet two CIA agents that inform them that the United States government wants them to take out Kim Jong-Un. The aspiring journalists decide to work with the CIA as they enter the most dangerous country in the entire world and interact with of the world's most dangerous leaders. The plan is for them to tape poison to their hand and then shake hands with the leader. The poison will then enter the dictator's body and kill him, without anyone knowing who did it. There's just one big problem: Dave Skylark and Aaron Rapoport have zero experience when it comes to being spies.
 The movie is a hilarious satire that touches on real-world issues. The plot of the movie is surprisingly pretty good and makes sense, which is a necessity for a comedy. The movie also has a few twists and turns that no one will see coming. The ending of the movie is well done but slightly predictable. The Interview is fun, exciting, entertaining, elucidates relatable themes, and has jokes all over the place-what's not to like? 

The Interview is fun, exciting, entertaining, elucidates relatable themes, and has jokes all over the place-what's not to like?