Man of Steel | Teen Ink

Man of Steel

By MovieReviewer_18 ELITE, Short Hills, New Jersey
MovieReviewer_18 ELITE, Short Hills, New Jersey

Man of Steel acts as the first recent Superman movie to be created and involves his origins. Because of the inevitable destruction of their planet, Krypton, Jor-El and his wife send their infant son in a ship and send him away, in an attempt to save his life. Their son, Kal-El, lands in his spacecraft on a small farm, belonging to Jonathan and Martha Kent. The married couple decide to name the child Clark Kent, and they raise him. Because his adoptive father tells him to hide his powers, Clark does his best to conceal his true self, and when he grows up and becomes an adult, he's on the fringe of society. Although he continues to save people, Clark does so secretly. But when a dangerous threat emerges, Clark Kent must also emerge and become the hero that his planet needs. 

Although the movie is about the iconic good guy Superman, there are parts that are strangely dark and gritty, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. However, most audiences would agree that parts of the movie are too dark and make this movie not really family friendly. The visual effects of the movie are really superb and help to make the fight scenes vivid and awesome. Although most critics gave the movie around a 55%, 91% of Google users liked the movie. This is Henry Cavill's first appearance as Superman, and he seems to be a good fit for the famous hero. The ending of the movie is pretty good but not spectacular. General Zod is a good villain for Superman, and he is actually a formidable threat that seems capable of going toe to toe with the man of steel, which he does and it actually looks realistic. Even though the movie isn't perfect, Man of Steel is a decent Superman movie that did its best to jump start the DC extended universe, which is their movie universe. 

Even though the movie isn't perfect, Man of Steel is a decent Superman movie that did its best to jump start the DC extended universe.