Drive | Teen Ink

Drive

By MovieReviewer_18 ELITE, Short Hills, New Jersey
MovieReviewer_18 ELITE, Short Hills, New Jersey

Drive is a movie revolving around a mysterious man who is a stunt driver for movies by day and a getaway driver at night. The driver is highly skilled and excels best when he's behind a wheel. Although he does is best to remain cold on the outside, he starts to open up to his next door neighbor, Irene. Irene is a young mother with a young son, and she has to raise him all by herself, until her husband gets out of jail. The driver soon starts to care for both the mom and the child, so when the husband gets out of jail and needs a driver, the husband gets the help he needs. Even though the driver isn't keen on it, after watching the mother's husband get beat by two mysterious men, he knows what he needs to do. The driver ends up working with the husband and some other sketchy folks in an attempt to accomplish a one-million dollar heist, but when betrayal spurs, Driver must do his best to protect the ones he's learned to love, as well as himself. 

Because of the description of the movie and the trailer, most people would probably assume that this driving movie is like The Fast and The Furious, but they could not be more wrong. Even though the plot of the movie sounds like it is going to be a fast-paced intense car movie, in reality, the movie is surprisingly slow. As in, it's remarkably slow. Although the movie is pretty well done, for some the slowness will be a negative trait. However, towards the end, things start to pick up and that's because the action increases, which creates a more enjoyable pace. In fact, the end gets really violent, intense, and way more exciting. The ending of the movie is pretty good and ends things nicely. Critics seemed to enjoy the movie, as well, and Rotten Tomatoes gave this movie a high 93%. All things considered, this movie is a pretty good one that is worth seeing, but knowing that this movie is slow is key. 

All things considered, this movie is a pretty good one that is worth seeing, but knowing that this movie is slow is key.