The Mummy | Teen Ink

The Mummy

By MovieReviewer_18 ELITE, Short Hills, New Jersey
MovieReviewer_18 ELITE, Short Hills, New Jersey

The Mummy revolves around a soldier for the United States of America, and when he's not serving his country, he's trying to steal old artifacts, so he can sell them on the black market. After a slew of events, Nick Morton, the soldier, and his friend go to a town where they're not supposed to be, and they start to get shot out by attackers. Because they call in an air strike to save their lives, they accidentally discover an ancient tomb that houses an Egyptian princess. However, the archaeologist with them informs the soldiers that they need to check it out, because they are 1,000s of miles away from Egypt, so the fact that the tomb is there is beyond unbelievable. Nick Morton soon accidentally releases the mummy, and the mummy tries its best to release its evil into the world, and only Nick can stop her. 

Although the movie sounds action-packed and intense, it really isn't. The entire movie is way too predictable, slightly confusing, and the actual plot of the movie is dumb. The conflict of the movie is unimpressive, and the defeat of the mummy is lackluster at best. The film isn't compelling, and the only reason worth watching this movie must be hidden with in the mummy's tomb. Yeah, it's that bad. Even loyal Tom Cruise fans will admit that this movie is not compelling in the slightest bit. Rotten Tomatoes gave this movie a low 15%, and even that feels generous for a movie that is uninspiring and fails to accomplish anything, while trying to be an amazing action-blockbuster. The Mummy is a complete waste of time, a disaster, and absolutely not worth-seeing. 

The Mummy is a complete waste of time, a disaster, and absolutely not worth-seeing.