Star Wars: Episode II - Attack of the Clones | Teen Ink

Star Wars: Episode II - Attack of the Clones

By MovieReviewer_18 ELITE, Short Hills, New Jersey
MovieReviewer_18 ELITE, Short Hills, New Jersey

Star Wars: Episode II - Attack of the Clones is the second prequel in the Star Wars franchise. Set 10 years after Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace, there is still trouble in the galaxy. In the galaxy, there is a large separatist movement that is being supported by hundreds of planets and corporate alliances; this movement is posing deadly new threats that even the Jedis can't solve on their own. However, Obi-Wan Kanobi and Anakin Skywalker are tasked with protecting their old friend, Padmé Amidala. Before long, the young Padawan and his master soon discover that all of the mysterious events are connected by a yet unknown force that will take everything the Jedis got to fight.

Due to the fact that many felt that Episode I did not live up to expectations, Star Wars: Episode II - Attack of the Clones doesn't just put the franchise back on track, but it succeeds the one that came before in every which way possible by managing to have a notably significant improvement in every single department. The special effects of this movie are absolutely outstanding and easily match and topple over the visual effects of the movie that came before. 

The plot of the movie includes important character development and gives some more backstory on how things come to be in the later movies, which is an all too important feat of prequels. Although parts of the beginning start off a little on the slower side, things quickly speed up and the middle to end is action-packed, intense, and showcases some excellent Jedi-fighting.

There's is a fair amount of Yoda in this movie and that's a superb statement. Yoda is arguably the best character that Star Wars created and his few battle scenes in the movie are some of the best moments in the entire two plus hours. 

The ending of the movie has a few nice twists and manages to set the stage for the inevitable episode III. While not only acting as a conduit to give some backstory into how the empire took over and Anakin Skywalker's past, this movie provides fans with a genuinely entertaining movie that provides fans with another Star Wars movie to fall in love with. This film also gives Samuel L. Jackson's Mace Windu a slightly larger role, and the character is actually one of the more interesting Jedi knights out there. 

While critics weren't entirely impressed by Star Wars: Episode II - Attack of the Clones, fans seemed to enjoy this one. 83% of Google users liked the movie, which isn't the highest number out there, but it isn't terribly low. Although this Star Wars movie certainly isn't the best in the franchise, it tops the first prequel and sets up the third sequel in a smooth transition. 

Simply put, Star Wars: Episode II - Attack of the Clones gets the job well done while creating an awesome adventure that possesses the science fiction-esque, as well as explaining how things came to be in a galaxy far, far away.