Tag | Teen Ink

Tag MAG

September 22, 2018
By MovieReviewer_18 ELITE, Short Hills, New Jersey
MovieReviewer_18 ELITE, Short Hills, New Jersey
678 articles 0 photos 8 comments

"Tag" is a movie based on a real-life group of friends that play a game of tag for the entire month of May every year. Once a childhood tradition, the game has been continued into adulthood as a way for the group to remain friends and keep in touch.

The five men (played by Ed Helms, Jeremy Renner, Jon Hamm, Hannibal Buress, and Jake Johnson) manage to find each other year after year, regardless of where they are in life. They are extremely competitive, and when the group finds out that one of their buddies (Jerry) is planning to quit the game, they set out to tag him. It's not as easy as it sounds. Jerry has never been tagged before, and he's been deemed a master of avoiding getting touched. When the group realizes that Jerry is getting married in a few days, they realize it's finally the perfect opportunity to tag Jerry, once and for all.

Even though most would assume that "Tag" is just a typical, dumb comedy, the entire movie is surprisingly fun and exciting. The plot is wildly entertaining and takes you on a wonderful roller coaster ride. The film is filled with hilarious scenes that make you laugh out loud. Although the movie's antics start to go slightly over the top toward the end, the plot is packed with legitimately shocking twists and turns that add substance to the story. The ending is excellent and manages to tie in the true story with the fictional adventure.

Overall, "Tag," is filled with witty scenes, some outstanding one-liners, and great actors. Hannibal Buress (Sable), particularly shines as a lovable, fun, high-spirited character. As an adorable movie that possesses one of the more well-done comical plots of 2018 and a cast meant to impress, "Tag" surpasses all expectations.


The author's comments:

As an adorable movie that possesses one of the more well done comical plots of 2018 and a cast meant to impress, Tag doesn't cease to impress as it surpasses any and all previous expectations.