Avengers: Infinity War | Teen Ink

Avengers: Infinity War

October 11, 2018
By MovieReviewer_18 ELITE, Short Hills, New Jersey
MovieReviewer_18 ELITE, Short Hills, New Jersey
678 articles 0 photos 8 comments

Avengers: Infinity War is the highly anticipated third movie in the Avengers series and brings together all of the heroes in the Marvel cinematic universe. Iron Man and the rest of the Avengers must team up with the likes of Dr. Strange, Spider-Man, the Black Panther, the Guardians of the Galaxy, as well as others, in order to stop the mighty Thanos. The evil Titan plans to collect all of the Infinity Stones and use the incredible power to restore the world in his twisted image, by wiping out half of the population. The fate of the universe is in the superheroes' hands, and everything they've accomplished up until this point has been leading up to this very moment. Failure means the death of trillions. 


 Where to begin? Avengers: Infinity War absolutely shatters any and all expectations, which is quite the accomplishment because fans were expecting an instant classic, and they received just that. The beginning of the movie starts things off brilliantly and immediately kick starts things excitingly. The middle is just mind-blowing and carries the movie strongly without becoming over-complicated or too confusing at any point, while also providing some much needed information. The enticing ending is everything fans could have hoped for and then some, while managing to just shock the entire world. 

 The intensity in the movie is arguably unparalleled, and the built up suspense is just extraordinary. The vividly pleasing visual effects are just outstanding, and the superb special effects help to add a punch of science fiction-esque to the movie, as well as make the battles incredibly realistic and bring the comics to life. While none of the characters should be able to shine in this movie that has more heroes than it can count, the characters are able to shine and bring out their inner greatness. Their interactions with one another are priceless and help to keep the tone of the movie light and fun, which is consistent with majority of the movies in the Marvel cinematic universe. 

 Parts of the movie are insanely heartfelt, and because fans have gotten to know the main characters on a somewhat personal level, viewers form a special bond with the characters on screen, who are fighting for their lives and everything they care about. 

 Even though Avengers: Infinity War is really excellent overall, there are a few plot issues with the movie, which should be expected when avid fans analyze the movie and study it, searching for mistakes. However, the movie is still by far the best in the series to date and is definitely one of the best movies in the entire Marvel cinematic universe. The entire movie is action-packed to the brim, and nobody is prepared for the thrilling twists and shocking turns that wonderfully take place in this movie. There are amazing one-liners and perfectly timed quotes that manage to combine together with the fan-favorite characters to create a movie that highlights some of the best components of the entire franchise. The heroes are witty and likable, superheroes struggle just like normal human beings, and audiences are transported to the alternate universe in which all of the intimidating threats actually take place. 

 Not only was the movie a massive hit with die-hard comic book fans and people who recently hopped on board the successful franchise to only fall in love with the superheroes, critics also enjoyed the movie. Rotten Tomatoes gave the movie a fair 84%, which isn't the most impressive but certainly is solid. A whopping 95% of Google users liked the movie, which is a spectacular sign to see. Avengers: Infinity War will forever change how people look at and judge superhero movies, because it manages to build upon everything that more than eighteen movies attempted to set the foundation for. Nobody is prepared for the greatness of this movie or the mightiness of Thanos, not even the heroes themselves. If The Avengers was groundbreaking, then Avengers: Infinity War is Earth-shattering. 


The author's comments:

"There's an Ant-Man *and* a Spider-Man?" - Bruce Banner