Mission: Impossible - Rogue Nation | Teen Ink

Mission: Impossible - Rogue Nation

January 25, 2019
By MovieReviewer_18 ELITE, Short Hills, New Jersey
MovieReviewer_18 ELITE, Short Hills, New Jersey
678 articles 0 photos 8 comments

 Mission: Impossible - Rogue Nation is the fifth movie in the Mission Impossible franchise to come out and might be Ethan Hunt's most impressive mission yet. Ethan, a CIA agent, must go out and hunt down a new threat known as the Syndicate. The Syndicate is a network of deadly operatives who will stop at nothing to create a new world order by influencing the world through escalating terrorist attacks. Hunt gathers his team, like he almost always does, and decides to team up with a mysterious Ilsa Faust, but her motives and actions are more than a little suspicious, and she may or may not be working for the Syndicate herself. Meanwhile, Ethan Hunt discovers that another real threat is Solomon Lane, a mastermind who is more than capable of eliminating Hunt and everything he holds dear. Hunt must lead a team that might not be up to the task, deal with the potential double-crossing of Ilsa, and try to stop Solomon Lane, who might just prove to be Hunt's most challenging enemy yet. 

 Mission: Impossible - Rogue Nation is an action-packed thriller that knows how to keep the adrenaline pumping. The beginning of the movie brilliantly jump starts the adventure brilliantly and is one of the more exciting starts to ever begin a spy movie. It all commences with an epic airplane scene that incredibly showcases Ethan Hunt's pure shear awesomeness and why he has become such a beloved spy. The middle of the movie progresses things along nicely and allows viewers to question who's trustworthy and who isn't, in a manner that isn't confusing or over complicated. In fact, one of the main highlights of the movie is the fact that it combines thrills with mysteriousness to create a plot that manages to shock people with its unexpected, thrilling twists and turns without becoming irrational. The enticing ending of the movie proves to be exhilarating and excellent, while also managing to succeed with having the movie connect back to the start, in a manner that makes the film feel like a cohesive story. Mission: Impossible - Rogue Nation is no exception to the greatness that occurs in the Mission Impossible franchise, and it succeeds with doing everything that the others have done so well, including having spectacular character development, action, thought through villain debunks, suspense, intensity, and, of course, people attempting to defy the odds and do the impossible. 
 Mission: Impossible - Rogue Nation does a fantastic job of ensuring that the tone of the movie never becomes too dark or grim, and there are witty moments sprinkled throughout as well as outstanding one-liners that feel perfectly timed. There's more of Benji in this movie, and because Benji is an instant fan-favorite, he does nothing but help the film in being even more exciting and entertaining. When his on-screen time is combined with Luthor Stickell, who happens to be another relatable, fan-favorite character, due to his incredible hacking skills, and an intriguing villain that manages to act as both a deadly threat and the other side of the duality of mankind's personality, the movie manages to put together an awesome adventure that is packed to the brim with talented actors and emotionally rich characters that manage to challenge all of the other Mission Impossible movies to date for being the greatest. 

 Mission: Impossible - Rogue Nation is also filled with outrageously good battle scenes that showcase the movie's dazzling, vivid visual effects. These superb special effects manage to shine when they're called upon and are at least partially responsible for how much the movie feels like it could happen in real life. Tom Cruise continues to shine as the face as the franchise, and with another success like this one, it becomes even more crystal clear why people say the role of Ethan Hunt was made for him. Some critics believe that the reason that the Mission Impossible movies are actually better than the James Bond movies are that there is only one Ethan Hunt, instead of there being multiple "007's," which causes confusion and makes the movies feel unrelated, causing a lack of character development and suspense. However, because the Mission Impossible movies all have similar casts and have the same protagonist in all of the movies, the movie has tremendous levels of character development and growth from everyone, which makes putting Ethan Hunt in insane situations even more dramatic for audiences. 
 Not only is Mission: Impossible - Rogue Nation a hit with die-hard fans, but critics also found satisfaction with the film. Rotten Tomatoes gave the movie an impressive 93%, and a whopping 93% of Google users liked the movie, showing both viewers and critics both thought highly of the film. Even though this movie probably isn't the best place to start to dive into the franchise, the movie does a good job of getting audiences on board with the whole backstory of some of the information in the other movies, and knowledge of the previous movies isn't an absolute must, which allows this Mission Impossible movie to appeal to a much larger crowd. 
 Mission: Impossible - Rogue Nation is prepared to shatter any and all previous expectations, and without a doubt, it is a must see for just about anyone and everyone, since the movie's imaginativeness and creativity is on a far higher level than some of the other movies in the franchise. Mission accomplished. 


The author's comments:

"I'm not in the plane, I'm ON the plane! Open the door!" - Ethan Hunt