Avengers Endgame: Don't Believe All the Buzz | Teen Ink

Avengers Endgame: Don't Believe All the Buzz

June 13, 2019
By Alex6688 BRONZE, Irvine, California
Alex6688 BRONZE, Irvine, California
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
I'm Alex


***SPOILER ALERT*** (AVENGERS END GAME)


Finally, the buzz is going away, the Avengers End Game is not the most popular movie in the theater anymore. This film generated a ton of interest from fans because it’s the last film of the Avengers series. A lot of people watched over 10 marvel movies in preparation for this last film. The excitement has led up to the movie making over 2.2 billion dollars and collected over 100 million viewers. While most people loved the movie, and that’s what everyone is seeing on the news, I did not like the film because it was too long, had unnecessary scenes, and an unsatisfactory ending.


Avengers Endgame is more than 3 hours long, which is much longer than the suggested best movie length, 100 minutes. A study done in Britain shows that an adult can only pay attention for 14 minutes. This shows that people can’t pay full attention during the movie. I personally experienced this and missed serval big scenes. Additionally, the average time that a person needs to go to the restroom is about 3 hours. When people are factoring in food and drinks during the movie, the process will speed up. This caused many people to have to take restroom breaks during the movie and missed out some of the scenes. Taking in these multiple factors, the movie length itself makes me dislike the movie because it turns an enjoyable moment to a mentally/physically challenging time.


Now, to the movie itself -- there are a lot of unnecessary scenes. The film spends too much time on explaining unnecessary things before the actual fight. This made the movie very boring. Personally, I even fell asleep during the rising action portion because it lost my attention. The movie also spent a lot of time on Hawkeye; from how he has a good family to scenes with him playing with his daughter. Then, suddenly, he became a killer in Tokyo destroying Japnese gangsters. This whole section of the movie is not necessary to drive the plot. In fact, it makes people confused. On top of these blunders, the ending was not satisfactory. One of the most popular and main characters, Iron Man, died. This makes not only me but also many other marvel fans unsatisfied because we won’t be able to see him anymore.


Overall the media released a lot of really great stories about this movie, however, there are other opinions which is why it is important to see both sides of a coin. My general feeling is Avengers endgame is a decent movie, but not as good as everyone was saying.


The author's comments:

I am Alex, a fan of Marvel movies for many years.