Black Panther | Teen Ink

Black Panther

Black Panther is a truly awesome adventure that combines together the very best of the Marvel cinematic universe to form what what can only be a true must-see that will forever revolutionize the film industry. The movie revolves around T'Challa, a young prince that has just dealt with the crushing blow of his father's death. His father had been a great king, one of the best in T'Challa's home nation of Wakanda. In fact, Wakanda has risen to even greater heights under his father's reign, and while most of the world just views Wakanda as a poor country with very little economic resources, T'Challa and his people both know the truth about the nation, which is actually one of the world's strongest and most powerful. Wakanda has had the added benefit of having some enormous deposits of Vibranium near them, and because Vibranium is the world's strongest and most useful metal, Wakanda has become an advanced civilization within itself. This means that T'Challa has a lot to live up to, and this is made even worse by the fact that T'Challa no longer has the wisdom and assistance of his late father to help. As big of a struggle that is, things become even worse when a new and powerful bad guy rises in the form of Klaw, a vicious smuggler that has already stolen Vibranium from Wakanda and plans to steal even more of the precious metal. Furthermore, a secret foe rises in the form of Erik Killmonger, and while he seems to have a mysterious past, he has plans to usurp the throne right from T'Challa. With all of this combined, it seems like T'Challa has a far greater task of becoming king than he could have ever imagined. Villains constantly attack T'Challa, and it seems like he might fold in desperation. T'Challa must struggle to learn how to be a leader, adjust to life without his beloved father, and learn how to survive when a secret of his father's past comes back to haunt all of Wakanda. T'Challa must quickly decide what to do in this time of need, and in the process, he might be completely torn apart and be doomed before he even rises to power. 

Black Panther is nothing short of epic in its entirety, and it combines together some of the best qualities of superhero movies to create an action-packed adventure that knows how to keep the adrenaline pumping. Epic and exhilarating throughout, the movie is able to create the enticing world of Wakanda and captivate audiences in such a manner that they never want to leave the new world that they have been transported to. The beginning of the movie does a brilliant job of introducing audiences to key concepts, including showing how T'Challa's father was killed, and also demonstrates the full beauty and wonders of the nation of Wakanda. While some may feel that the start of the movie does spend slightly too much time serving as a documentary on the history of Wakanda, it can't be argued that the best parts of Wakanda feel incredibly inspired. The middle of the movie does a marvelous job of progressing the plot along and presenting new and challenging concepts for T'Challa, as well as main characters, and this helps to produce plenty of vital character development that become instrumental in the movie's plot. The excellent ending of the movie manages to completely tie up all loose ends of the story with ease, and while the conclusion is slightly predictable and expected, there's no denying the fact that are a few key thrilling twists and turns that help to make the movie that much more entertaining and enjoyable. 

Black Panther shines throughout and proves to be a truly delightful adventure that is a visual marvel and helps to make superhero movies so much more diverse in the process. The movie heavily relies on a few key conflicts, and these are made so effective by the shear fact that the battle between T'Challa and a few of the main villains of the movie help to bring out the best in all of the characters presented on-screen. This allows the movie to have a stupendous superhero protagonist in the Black Panther and make this easily one of Marvel's finest films yet. Rotten Tomatoes gave the movie an outstanding 97%, and it becomes abundantly clear that this movie is a great fit for a wide variety of audiences. Without a doubt, this is an absolute must-see for those that haven't already seen this wonderful tale. The Black Panther would definitely agree. 

"Wakanda forever!" - T'Challa/Black Panther