Hannah Montana: The Movie | Teen Ink

Hannah Montana: The Movie

April 27, 2009
By claudiia, GOLD, Caguas, Other
claudiia, GOLD, Caguas, Other
16 articles 0 photos 1 comment

I have never liked Hannah. In fact, I have never liked Miley, except for her fashion style. Apart I have always said she is a made up artist by her father, the famous country singer Billy Ray Cyrus. For me, she has always had a so-so kind of performance in acting and singing.

So when I spent those six dollars and fifty cents in the movie ticket to see Hannah Montana: The Movie I hoped so bad it wasn’t a waste of money. I saw the beginning; it was okay; typical Disney Channel. But as this movie progresses I find out it’s all driven out to give a message.

At first you only realize. But then you start applying it in your own life and thinking about personal experiences. “Don’t loose yourself (who you truly are)” may be one quote that relates to the first half of the movie, another one could be, “always be yourself”, “never forget we’re you come from”. After you realize the movie is not going to be crappy acting and lame jokes you start to really enjoy it, and also fall sentimentally.

Some things in the movie are shown obviously, but the film also let’s you interpret it for yourself. For example the much repeated quote “life’s a climb, but the view is great” can be an inspiration for your life, or maybe an answer to some question if you think about it a lot.

Throughout the movie Miley realizes, while showing her life as a sort of mirror where the reflection is physically different, that she can no longer keep up with her crazy lifestyle. She is not normal anymore, and she doesn’t know if she can deal with it. She goes through heartbreak, disappointment, and realization that times have changed and she’s not a baby anymore and growing up is not easy, nor is letting go. Through that till the end is when the tears come. In the end though, you realize that, like her, you can go on.

And if you don’t cry I’ll assure you you’ll like it. I’ve even dared guy friends to watch it. I learned from this movie. If not, I understood… every penny was worth it. So much that I went to see it again the next day. Today, I don’t love her, but I admire her and I like the soundtrack.

Sometimes life surprises you. The movie taught me that too. Mostly, because it was way better than I expected.