Call Me by Your Name Movie Review | Teen Ink

Call Me by Your Name Movie Review

April 16, 2023
By mariclairemurray BRONZE, Pittsford, New York
mariclairemurray BRONZE, Pittsford, New York
2 articles 2 photos 0 comments

The window is cracked, the sky is a light blue as the world is silent but slowly awakening. You close your laptop and are left lying on the bed crying, hurt and confused. As a few days pass, you realize the beauty of this film, and it doesn’t hurt so much. The Call Me by Your Name effect.  
Call Me by Your Name takes place in a little town in northern Italy around the 1980s. The teenage boy Elio is introduced to Oliver, the American coming to study and work on an educational project. As the two boys spend time together, they see themselves in each other. They gradually grow into a deep friendship, and maybe even more than that. 
This cinematic masterpiece alters the way the viewer perceives things, allowing people to notice the little moments in our lives that can often be overlooked. As I sat down to watch the film, I saw the two boys ride bikes down the dirt country roads. Seeing the shots of the lively conversations at brunch in citrus orchard, taking it all in. Through these beautiful clips shown throughout the film, you're notable to how pleasant and calm it is; fully appreciating the simpler things in life.  
The soundtrack within the movie is also captivating. I think that the music they added to the scenes really shows us how Elio thought in those moments. Feeling the excitement of falling in love, the pleasure, comfort, and heartbreak. Being just one of the very creative and expressive elements in this movie. 
Call Me by Your Name really captivates the process of love and the falling. You get to expierence the charming friendship, scenery, music, and monologue throughout the movie. It is definitely my favorite movie that I have seen so far and is great for teenagers 14 and up wanting to watch a simple but beautiful movie.  


The author's comments:

This is a review on the movie Call Me by Your Name.