The usual suspects movie review | Teen Ink

The usual suspects movie review

April 14, 2024
By Anonymous

I am reviewing the movie called “The Usual Suspects” and I highly recommend you watch it because it's a 1990’s  masterpiece. The movie's theme is crime and mystery and those themes make the movie interesting and keep us guessing, which is one of the main reasons why the movie is so good.

The movie starts off with the police arresting 5 other criminals, Dean Keaton, McManus, Fenster, Verbal Kint and Hockney. They are all arrested for unrelated crimes but after meeting each other they decide to team up with each other to escape, after successfully doing so, The 5 criminals are then faced with a worker for a criminal mastermind, Keyser Soze, who was notoriously known for being a crime lord with immense power and influence, and was very feared by criminals. So when they were told that all 5 of them had wronged Keyzer Soze in the past, they had no other choice but to make up for it, and in order to do that they were faced with a task to complete. The task involved stealing a valuable cargo from a ship, which was said to contain precious jewels. Soze promised them a substantial payout for successfully completing the heist, but he also instilled fear in them by making it clear how dangerous it was. But they had no choice but to do it anyway because of the 91 million dollars they could potentially walk away with and because Keyzer Soze would kill them anyway if they didnt do it. 

This is the foundation for the amazing story that continues after it, and all the twists that come with it make the movie a masterpiece. The movie constantly keeps us intrigued by keeping us guessing on who This Mysterious and Dangerous person named Keyser Soze was, and the ending of the movie where we find out who keyzer Soze is makes it that much better and we understand the full story, especially the very beginning scene of the film. I highly recommend watching the movie because it has a great twist to it and its an older movie which makes it even more impressive because it was ahead of its time.


The author's comments:

I reviewed this film because I really enjoyed watching it