College Road Trip | Teen Ink

College Road Trip

March 14, 2008
By Anonymous

College Road Trip: No Humor


Worst plot of a movie! Raven-Symone and Martin Lawrence, famous comedians, star in the movie “College Road Trip.” The movie is suppose to be about a girl who is forced to go to Northwestern University and forced to stay close to home. This comedy compared to Raven-Symone’s star show for children “That’s So Raven,” is very poor in quality and plot. Yet the movie overall is okay but the plot could have been planned a lot better.

Raven-Symone stars as Melanie Porter a young teenage girl who is ready to go off to college when her father, James Porter, played by Martin Lawrence is still attached to her childhood habits of a daughter to have. The comedian actors Raven-Symone and Martin Lawrence bring out the movie and helps bring out the plot a little bit.

“College Road Trip” was supposed to be a kid’s comedy of the year, but it turned out to be the opposite. Most of the jokes were not funny, but only a little were going towards different scenes and were actually funny. There was not that much humor comedy in the movie for a real teenager or adult to watch it. The movie was not that funny for certain parts but was funny when needed at certain scenes.

Main plot of the story is similar to the movie “Johnson’s Family Vacation,” but has different characters, and scenery. The movie was basically a new improved version “Johnson’s Family Vacation” but they are on a road trip to college. Movies with the same perspective and plot are not that attention grabbing to consumers and viewers. It actually makes the movie kind of worst from the beginning of the movie and even if you just read a summary it wouldn’t be the best movie to see.

The ending of the movie was kind of obvious since the middle of the movie, because they give away more details than they should. Also they put too many conflicts in the movie which gave away the ending. They could have twisted the ending or they could have made it better. The ending was assumed and wasn’t surprising at all and really made the movie boring to watch.

As you can see, the following points clearly show my review saying that the movie “College Road Trip” was not the best comedy of the year and was not “2008”’s comedy hit. The movie was not that funny, humorous, or dramatic but in this movie you can’t blame the main actors Raven-Symone or Martin Lawrence for this non-comedy movie.